I thought it apt to start my first recipe post with something sweet so I have included my recipe for never fail cupcakes.
I created this recipe one day when we had unexpected guests calling in and I had very little time to whip something together. These cupcakes are really tasty however they are a tad crumbly but I like them that way. Depending how quick you mix they can be ready in under half an hour, they are also so simple to make that if you have any little hands that would like to help it will be perfect.
You will notice that there were some casualties between the shot of them cooked and the shot of them iced, Mr B discovered them and decided they were too tasty to wait until they cooled.
Makes approximately 16.
- 200g cubed butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tub of Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting – you could make your own but why bother!
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C /160°C fan forced.
- Line cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time while mixing. The mixture will separate at this stage; don’t be alarmed this is normal.
- Stir in half the flour followed by half the milk and repeat. Unless the flour has large lumps in it don’t worry about shifting it, shifting flour came about as flour leaving the old mills would often be clumpy or have pieces of husk remaining. If you are using a good quality white flour simply give it a quite mix with a fork to allow extra air in.
- If you are using a 1/3 cup-capacity cupcake tray (this is standard size) add 2 level tablespoons of mixture.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden.
- Stand cupcakes for 2 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Ice, decorate and devour.
- Mini Banana & Honey Cupcakes (careyandbell.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes (birthdayinabox.com)
- Strawberries & Cream Filled Cupcakes (thesmartcookiecook.com)
2 thoughts on “Vanilla Cupcakes”
You can never go wrong with cupcakes!
Never – they are so delicious!