These Black Forest Muffins are one of the tastiest, simplest and easiest treats you will ever come across. This recipe is an on-the-run/cheats recipe that is designed for those times when you forget you have guests coming for dinner, people drop in OR you might just be really bad at baking and you want to wow people… and trust me these will!
- 4 good quality double chocolate chip muffins
- 1 tin of pitted cherries
- 1 tbs of amaretto, brandy or kirsch
- 200ml of double cream
- 2 tsp of cornflour
- ¼ cup of caster sugar
- 1 flake bar – crumbled
- Drain the cherries and reserve the syrup.
- Combine the syrup, sugar and cornflour in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use a small serrated knife to split each muffin crossways into 3 layers. Place the bottom layer of each muffin on serving plates. Brush with a little of the kirsch. Top with half the cream, then half the cherries. Continue layering with remaining muffins, kirsch, cream and cherries.
- Drizzle the cherry syrup over the top of the muffins and sprinkle with the flake.
- Serve and lap up the compliments.
- 1st Blogiversary Celebrations: Black Forest Gateau (spiceinthecity.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Chip Muffins (thetubbybaker.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: White Chocolate & Raspberry Muffins (houseofevansblog.com)