This recipe goes out to all the Nutella lovers out there… and I know there are a few including my very own sister-in-law who eats it by the spoonful! Today I’m excited to share with you a recipe for Chocolate and Hazelnut spread or.. homemade Nutella. I’m just going to jump straight into this one, because if you’re like me, the only thing running through your head right now is “Om nom nom nom”…..
- 1 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 of cocoa
- 4 tbs of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 220C and roast hazelnuts for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Place the hazelnuts in a teatowel and rub together to remove the skins, it’s okay if some stubbon skins won’t budge.
- Place hazelnuts in the food processor and blend continuously until a smooth butter forms (around 3 minutes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Sit back and omm nom nom nom………
TIP: Add extra hazelnuts on top for extra
This will last in the fridge of up to two weeks, probably longer if it’s not eaten on the first day but best to err on the side of caution.
- Nutella Baklava, Yup you heard that right! (lifeofamompreneur.com)
- 15 Signs You’re Addicted To Nutella (buzzfeed.com)
- Homemade Nutella (thehungrybelgian.wordpress.com)