Mondays are always busy – whether it’s work or kids everyone always seems to be flat off their feet and the last thing you want to worry about it cooking something healthy and tasty for dinner. Never fear – I will come to the rescue every Monday morning with a tasty, healthy and FAST meal solution the whole family will love.
My first edition of 15 Minute Monday is a staple recipe in our house of stir fry beef, vegetables and soba noodles. For those of you unfamiliar with soba noodles, soba is the Japanese term for buckwheat and simply refer to a thin buckwheat flour noodle. This colourful recipe is packed with healthy veggies and the soba noodles are a great alternative to white wheat noodles and are high in antioxidants, contain all eight essential amino acids and lysine which is lacking in white wheat products.
- 1 large brown onion – sliced
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 200g of beef rump – cut into strips
- 1 carrot – cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch of broccolini or broccoli – cut into florets
- 1 tin of baby corn spears – sliced diagonally
- 1 bok choy – sliced into 2cm pices
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 90g organic dried soba noodles
- Fresh coriander leaves to serve
- Add 1 tbs of peanut oil to a hot pan, over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook until tender.
- Add the beef and cook to brown.
- Add all vegetables and sauces, simmer on a high heat until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles as per packet instructions.
- Toss the noodles through the beef and vegetables.
- Top with fresh coriander leaves and serve!
- Soba Noodles, String Beans And Shitake Mushrooms (mobitesfood.com)
- Nutty noodle bowl (paradisepantry.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Chicken Meatballs with Soba Noodles (dishnthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Japanese soba noodles Tsuta (Sugamo) (raipohangaround.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Soba, Sesame and Carrot Salad – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)