This delicious and quick salad is perfect for spring nights and lazy summer lunches.
- 500g green prawns
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tbs of butter – melted
- 4 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 2 chorizo sausages – sliced
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Ciabatta loaf – thickly sliced
- Aioli to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together the green prawns, olive oil, butter, crushed garlic cloves and dried chilli flakes.
- Preheat a lightly greased barbecue plate on medium-high. Cook prawn mixture, tossing, for 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add chorizo to barbecue plate and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until crisp. Remove chorizo from barbecue plate, add to prawns and cover.
- Juice half of 1 lemon and cut the remaining lemon into wedges. Add parsley, chives and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the prawn and choirzo mixture; toss to combine.
- Place prawn mixture on to a serving platter. Season with freshly cracked salt and black pepper.
- Serve with bread, lemon wedges and aioli.
- Garlic Prawns (yummyieats.wordpress.com)
- Spanish Paella (dailygluttony.wordpress.com)
- Garlic Prawns (mamankitchen.wordpress.com)
- Creamy Seafood Tagliatelle (curlycuisine.wordpress.com)
- Prawns Pil Pil (ginandgriddle.com)
- Prawn Jambalaya (divineanddeliciousliving.com)
- Recipe: Traditional pad thai (missapronlady.wordpress.com)