What a lovely surprise this morning to wake up and discover that the amazing Novice Gardener has awarded me the Shine On Award for my blog. Could there be a better way to get through hump-day?! It is so nice to receive recognition from fellow bloggers for the love we put into our posts. Every time I create a post I hope that someone will try my recipe, like my photos and enjoy my musings. Receiving this is recognition that people do enjoy my contribution to the crowded world of blogging and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It is with extreme gratitude and pleasure that I thank The Novice Gardener for my award and accept my “Shine On Award”.
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger on your blog and provide a link back to their blog.
- Share seven random and interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post and notify them on their blogs.
Shine On Award – seven random facts about me
- I have clavicaphobia – it is the irrational, and believe me I know it is irrational, fear of seeing or touching collar bones. I am even eeked out thinking about them to type this…
- I am allergic to ginger.
- I like every food expect for squash. I will eat them, but I don’t enjoy them.
- My favourite flavour pairings to accompany chocolate is mint and coconut, not together though I am sure it would be tasty.
- My comfort food is salmon mornay. When I was little and unwell my Mother would make this for me and now everytime I am sick the only thing that will make me feel better is salmon mornay – with the exception of chicken soup.
- On separate occasions I have broken both my elbows.
- I have a labradoodle called Bronte who is my pseudo child. She is about 30KG, she acts like a cat and she thinks she is a human. I love her. She is black, has curly hair that blows in the wind and a ginger beard.
Shine On Award – nominees – alphabetical order
- Around the World in 365
- Cause Baking Makes Me Happy
- Cooking as a Hobby
- The Crafty Cook Nook
- Dish ‘n’ The Kitchen
- The Greedy Archive
- Keep Calm and Eat On
- Kitchen Art
- Laura’s Mess
- Nancy Creative
- Of Pots and Pens
- Sugar and Cinnamon
- Talk and Spoon
- Tea with Erika
- The Shine Blog
Thank you again to The Novice Gardener for my award and I hope that all the nominees enjoy the award as much as I have!
- The Shine On Award (cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com)
- The Shine On Award (michelleclementsjames.wordpress.com)
- Shine On Award (littlegreenrunningshoes.com)
- Shine On Award (drillsargentbeattie.wordpress.com)
- Shine On Award (bayrunnerjamie.wordpress.com)
- Shine On Award (lovetoread8.wordpress.com)
- Shine On Award! (bookloversattic.wordpress.com)
- Shine On Award (dancingtorunning.com)
- Shine On Award (theenchantedbook.wordpress.com)
- Shine On Award (runningtoherdreams.com)
23 thoughts on “Shine On Award”
Congratulations on your award. Bronte sounds gorgeous! Thank you for the pingback. Now off to look at your recipes 🙂
Thank you Cleo! Yes she is gorgeous hehe. I hope you enjoy the recipes and I can’t wait to check out your site 🙂
Congratulations on your award!! 🙂
Thank you for the nomination Jessica! Your blog is great 🙂 Love the posts!
Awe thank you so much and congratulations! I love your blog too!
Congrats on your award, and thanks for the ping back! I can’t wait to check out the yummy recipes you have! ~Deanna
Thank you Deanna – it always so nice to receive these awards. It lets me know people are actually enjoying what I post! Did you find something yummy to make?
I like the looks of the Ricotta Gnocchi looks good!
It is so delicious and so simple! You should try it : )
I just might this weekend!
So did you give it a try? : )
Thank you for the nomination and pingbacks!!! it is really nice to get recognized!! Now off to do the same thing and will definitely give you a shout and you will know!!
Anytime, congratulations – I love your blog and the concept is amazing. Can’t wait to see your posts! : )
Congratulations! And also thank you for awarding us as well . We really appreciate it.(: All the best Nadja (:
Awe thank you and congratulations to you too! I love your posts : )
Congratulations Jessica! 😀
Thank you Sam! It always make me feel warm and fuzzy inside to know that others are enjoying what I do : )
Stay fuzzy, lol… 😀
Haha I will try!
thanks for the nomination! 🙂
It’s my pleasure – I love your blog!