Step away from the Kettle Crisps, put down the Doritos and whip up a batch of these homemade sweet potato crisps! They are the perfect snack food and what’s best – you know exactly what goes into them! Eaten
stuffed into your mouth by the hand full or served with dip they will disappear in a flash.
- 1 large sweet potato – peeled and very thinly sliced. Use a mandolin to slice them if you have one and are confident you won’t slice your fingers off. The thinner the slices, the crisper your crisps!
- 1 tbs of olive oil – don’t give into temptation and add too much oil. You are trying to dry out the sweet potato not fry it
- A sprinkle of cumin, sweet paprika and freshly ground sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Toss the sweet potato slices in oil and season with cumin, paprika and fresh sea salt.
- Arrange in single layers on lined baking trays and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through, or until crisp and golden.
Tip: add an extra sprinkle of dried herbs and spices like rosemary and garlic or smoked paprika and chilli for a flavour hit!
- Sweet Potato Fries Recipe (food.com)
- Stuffed Mushroom Kick! (audreywrong.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Potato Crisps…… (smithcallum.wordpress.com)
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes (thefitbitsblog.wordpress.com)
- The Perfect Paleo Chip (mepaleo.wordpress.com)
- Batate Baje (Potato Crisps) (thinkfoood360.wordpress.com)
- Flavor Friday: Vegetable Chips (youvegottotastethis.myrecipes.com)