I am not much of a baker. It think it’s the pressure of non-success if you don’t follow the recipe. Things might not rise or bind and then you’ll be left with a pile of sweet goop. That being said, I decided to give baking another shot over the weekend and make Raspberry, Almond and Coconut Slice. Lucky I did because it is DELICIOUS! It is tasty, moist and moreish – everything you want in slice.
This slice is gluten free and it can be dairy free with a simple recipe tweak. Also, if raspberries aren’t your thing
you’re crazy you can replace them with blueberries or choc-chips.
- 1 ½ cups of almond meal
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 150g of butter – melted and cooled (use Nutalex if you are making it dairy-free)
- 1 cup of McCain Season’s Choice Raspberries – thawed
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20m baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the almond meal, coconut and sugar; using a whisk to remove all lumps.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the butter mixture to the almond meal mixture and stir until smooth and free from lumps.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the prepared tin and dot the top with McCain Season’s Choice Raspberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and a test skewer removes clean from batter.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Almond Dream Fudge (deliciouslyelegant.wordpress.com)
- In the kitchen: Lemon curd and coconut slice (makedohome.wordpress.com)
- RECIPE: Raspberry and pistachio muffins (dashofdani.wordpress.com)
- Grain Free Raspberry Scones (fromliljskitchen.com)
- raspberry, coconut & almond muffins (tuck-shop.com.au)
9 thoughts on “Almond, Coconut and Raspberry Slice”
This looks delicious.
Thank you Nicky they were amazing! My hubby even said it was the best slice he has ever had.
Hi Jessica, yummy recipe – I may steal it! Thanks for including my link. Alyssa 🙂
Awe thank you Alyssa it is so delicious, make sure you try it! : )
Oh man, these look scrumptious!
I have nothing to say but yummy and want!
Haha they are soooo good – you must try them!
Yum, this looks delish! We have the same plates – I love the way raspberries contrast against the blues in the plate 🙂
Oh thank you Gab, they were mighty tasty! I love willow pattern, yes I think the blue really makes the raspberries pop!