I am not much of a baker. It think it’s the pressure of non-success if you don’t follow the recipe. Things might not rise or bind and then you’ll be left with a pile of sweet goop. That being said, I decided to give baking another shot over the weekend and make Raspberry, Almond and Coconut Slice. Lucky I did because it is DELICIOUS! It is tasty, moist and moreish – everything you want in slice.
This slice is gluten free and it can be dairy free with a simple recipe tweak. Also, if raspberries aren’t your thing
you’re crazy you can replace them with blueberries or choc-chips.
- 1 ½ cups of almond meal
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 150g of butter – melted and cooled (use Nutalex if you are making it dairy-free)
- 1 cup of McCain Season’s Choice Raspberries – thawed
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20m baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the almond meal, coconut and sugar; using a whisk to remove all lumps.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the butter, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the butter mixture to the almond meal mixture and stir until smooth and free from lumps.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the prepared tin and dot the top with McCain Season’s Choice Raspberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and a test skewer removes clean from batter.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Almond Dream Fudge (deliciouslyelegant.wordpress.com)
- In the kitchen: Lemon curd and coconut slice (makedohome.wordpress.com)
- RECIPE: Raspberry and pistachio muffins (dashofdani.wordpress.com)
- Grain Free Raspberry Scones (fromliljskitchen.com)
- raspberry, coconut & almond muffins (tuck-shop.com.au)