- 500g premium beef mince
- 1 brown onion – finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1/2 cup of loosely packed coriander leaves – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp of dried ground onion
- 1 tsp of dried ground garlic – I like garlic
- Freshly ground salt and pepper – to taste, about 1/2 tsp each
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Shape mixture into small football shaped sausages – you should get about 15-20 per 500g of mince.
- BBQ, grill or pan fry until cooked.
- Serve with salad, pita bread, natural yogurt and lemon wedges.
- Beef kofta and tzitziki recipe (kidsrecipesandorganisedchaos.wordpress.com)
- Malai Kofta (foodoliciouspictured.wordpress.com)
- Kofta (cookingoutsidethebox.wordpress.com)
- Lamb koftas (cheftoponkumer2013.wordpress.com)
- Fancy a touch of the Middle East? try a Beef Kofta (ffourk.wordpress.com)