Living in the cherry capital of Australia, Young NSW, means that come summer we are inundated with delicious cherries. In fact there are more cherries than I can eat! I use them in recipes, eat them plain and make pot, after pot of jam but this year I thought I would try something different and make a deliciously refreshing cherry and yoghurt ‘ice cream’.
- 2 cups of fresh pitted cherries – finely chopped
- 1 cup of natural honey yoghurt
- 300ml of thickened cream
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- Combine the all ingredients in a bowl and gently fold until mixture is just combined.
- Pour into a shallow metal container. Cover with foil and place in the freezer for 4 hours or until almost set.
- Use a large metal spoon to roughly break up the ice-cream. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and use an electric beater to beat until smooth.
- Quickly return mixture to the metal container. Cover with foil and freeze for another 4 hours or until firm.
- Scoop into bowls and serve immediately.
- Rosemary Cherry Almond Pie (saraheatsaustin.com)
- Keep Calm and Make Ice Cream in Your Apartment (apartmentguide.com)
- Sparklers & Sparkling Cherry Lemonade (berries.com)
11 thoughts on “Cherry and Yoghurt Ice Cream”
Would love to try this recipe. Shame cherries aren’t quite as prolific here! (Especially at this time of year)
Oh that is a shame – make sure you hold onto it for next year! You are able to use fresh berries instead if available. Raspberries are great! x
Wooow! This looks sooo amazingly good. And soo easy to make too. Too good! 🙂
Yes it is to both! So yummy : )
That is such a gorgeous photo. I just want to reach in and grab that ice cream scoop off the screen.
Awe thank you Melissa – you’ll have to give it a try!
Cherries are a plenty in Czech Republic, my mother in law has a massive tree which is full year on year, I’m defo trying this! Fantastic blog by they way chef
Yes you’ll have to give this one a try then Al! I also love to slow cook pork in cherry sauce – delicous. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you enjoy my blog!
Have you got that chert pork recipe on your blog? If so il give that a go too! Thanks a lot
Unfortunately I don’t yet Big Al – I’ll have to make one and pop it up for you! Did you make the Cherry Ice Cream?
Not yet, I will wait until cherries are in season here before I give it a go. Thanks for the reply