White bean and chickpea ‘mash’ is the perfect accompaniment to steak and veggies or as a side for Christmas roasts. This garlicky, lemony, ultra-fabulous, utterly addictive bean mash is a wonderful substitute for those looking to kick potatoes.
- 1 can of white beans – drained
- 1 can of chickpeas – drained
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tbs of crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lite thickened cream
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small pot over a medium heat. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add white beans, chickpeas and lemon juice to the pan and allow to cook, stirring for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add cream to the beans and use a potato masher or fork to roughly mash/squish the beans.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!
- Sweet potato and chickpea burgers! (organicignorance.wordpress.com)
- Chickpea Wrap (nuanaturals.wordpress.com)
- Mashed Butter Bean (Mint & Coriander) Recipe (veganomad.wordpress.com)
- Savory Pumpkin Hummus (freshfitnhealthy.com)