White bean and chickpea ‘mash’ is the perfect accompaniment to steak and veggies or as a side for Christmas roasts. This garlicky, lemony, ultra-fabulous, utterly addictive bean mash is a wonderful substitute for those looking to kick potatoes.
- 1 can of white beans – drained
- 1 can of chickpeas – drained
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 tbs of crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lite thickened cream
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small pot over a medium heat. Add garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Add white beans, chickpeas and lemon juice to the pan and allow to cook, stirring for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Add cream to the beans and use a potato masher or fork to roughly mash/squish the beans.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve!
- Sweet potato and chickpea burgers! (organicignorance.wordpress.com)
- Chickpea Wrap (nuanaturals.wordpress.com)
- Mashed Butter Bean (Mint & Coriander) Recipe (veganomad.wordpress.com)
- Savory Pumpkin Hummus (freshfitnhealthy.com)
5 thoughts on “15 Minute Monday – White Bean and Chickpea Mash”
Great idea, Jessica, and sounds so yum!! Almost like hummus, yeah? Except chunky. 🙂 Angie.
Thanks Angie – it is so tasty! Yes very much like hummus, which is a big favourite in our house!
umm I’m always looking for recipes with hearty beans to substitute some of my more unsavoury fatty cravings. this looks delicious
Thanks Maisa, it was pretty tasty! I would definitely recommend it if you’re looking to kick the spuds.