I love mushrooms, I can’t get enough of them – breakfast, lunch or dinner – they are a welcome inclusion to any meal. I especially love mushroom sauce/gravy, the pub kind is particularly delicious atop a perfectly cooked steak. Without heading out the pub every time I wanted this and to cut out unneeded additives
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 1 cup of thinly sliced brown mushrooms
- 150ml of lite thickened cream – you can add more if you like it extra saucy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat, add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and stir to coat and allow to brown slightly, approx. 2 minutes. Pop a lid on the pan and allow the mushrooms to soften and appear golden, approximately 4 minutes, stirring to ensure they don’t burn or stick.
- Remove lid, season with salt and pepper, add cream and stir until the cream reduces slightly
or you can’t resist eating it!.
Best served atop a medium-rare steak, steamed greens and my delicious white bean and chickpea ‘mash’.
- Tastey Gluten-Free Holiday Recipes: GREEN BEANS & MUSHROOM SAUCE (glutenfabulous.org)
- Simple Farfalle Stroganoff (tofuparty.wordpress.com)
- Much Ado about Mushrooms – mushroom stars as a main ingredient (harvesthub.com.au)
- Mushroom sauce (mybasira.wordpress.com)
- Mushroom Risotto (staceystable.wordpress.com)