This cake is easily one of my favourite cake creations . It’s simple and utterly delicious. Studded with plump and juicy berries and refreshing raspberry ripple ice cream it’s sure to be a Christmas hit and a summer classic.
Ingredients – Cake
- 1 x store-bought double unfilled sponge cake
- 600ml softened Raspberry Ice Cream
- ½ packet of Season’s Choice Three Berry Mix
- ½ packet Season’s Choice Three Berry Mix – thawed, to decorate and serve
Ingredients – Raspberry Coulis
- 2 cups of Season’s Choice Raspberries – frozen
- 1/3 cup of caster suagr
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
Ingredients – Cream Cheese Frosting
- 125g of cream cheese – room temperature
- 30g of butter – softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups of icing sugar
- Place 1 layer of sponge cake on a freezer suitable tray, spread with raspberry ice cream and top with ½ packet of Season’s Choice Three Berry Mix. Top with remaining cake layer and place in the freeze overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- Place cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl and using an electric mixer beat until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Transfer frozen cake to a serving plate. Top with cream cheese frosting and decorate with Season’s Choice Three Berry Mix. Refrigerate 30 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
- Meanwhile, place frozen Season’s Choice Raspberries, lemon juice and sugar into a large non-stick frying pan and stir to combine. Heat, stirring often over medium heat until bubbling and reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until berries are very tender. Using a wooden spoon, crush raspberries until pureed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Pass Raspberry mixture through a fine sieve to strain and discard seeds.
- Serve Frozen Berry Sponge Cake with Raspberry Coulis and thawed Season’s Choice Three Berry Mix.