Nachos are an easy crowd-pleaser that are super tasty and quick to make. This version is vegetarian, although delicious when served with pan fried spicy chorizo, shredded roast chicken meat or strips of grilled steak. Perfect for a midweek meal, sporting bash or a DIY family dinner that everyone will love!
- 1 packet of corn chips or tortilla crisps
- 2 handfuls of grated tasty cheese
- 1 jar of mild tomato salsa
- 250g of McCain Corn Kernels – cooked and cooled
- 3 medium tomatoes – seeds removed and cubed
- 1 bunch of coriander – roughly chopped with a few full sprigs reserved for serving
- 1 medium red onion – finely diced
- 200g tin of red kidney beans – drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sour Cream and Sweet Chilli Sauce to serve
- Also, you can serve it with guacamole when avocados return to a reasonable price!
- Add McCain Corn Kernels, tomatoes, beans, coriander, red onion and lime juice to a medium mixing bowl, stir well to combine and set aside.
- Scatter corn chips or tortilla crisps evenly in a large oven proof dish, top with jar of tomato salsa, sprinkle with tasty cheese and place under a hot grill for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted.
- Remove chips from grill and top with McCain Corn Kernel salsa.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, sweet chilli sauce and garnish with coriander sprigs.