Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches? Yes, please!
I like ice cream sandwiches any time of the year, or day for that matter; and by using bought ice-cream and biscuits means these pretty treats are a breeze to make. The only thing easier than making them is eating them.
This recipe uses one of my favourite flavour combinations – raspberries, macadamia nuts and white chocolate… but why limit yourself to this?! Make your own flavor combinations – try soft chocolate biscuits with mint ice cream or shortbread with caramel ice cream with crushed violet crumble… The options are ENDLESS!
- 200g of McCain Season’s Choice Strawberries
- 200g of McCain Season’s Choice Raspberries
- 1L of good quality Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 packet of White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Add McCain Season’s Choice Strawberries and McCain Season’s Choice Raspberries to a large mixing bowl and using the back of a fork mash them into a chunky paste.
- Add softened ice cream to berry mix and fold through, allowing the berries to swirl in the ice cream. Cover the mixing bowl with cling-wrap and return to freezer for four hours or until set.
- Remove berry ice cream mix from freezer and simply sandwich a scoop of ice-cream between two cookies and eat quickly!
10 thoughts on “Strawberry and White Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich”
These look great, Jessica! Love ice cream sandwiches no matter the season. Yes, even in winter! 🙂
Haha me too! Fight ice with ice cream : )
Btw, haven’t seen you around at Fiesta Friday. You’re not coming this week?
Oh no this was for Fiesta Friday! Whoopsy – I reread the guidelines and edited.. Maybe it could be for next weeks instead? : )
ok, that works.
i love ice cream sandwiches…these look too good! 🙂
They are a serious vice for me Ayesha. Endless possibilities and all of the delicious. Especially when topped with a squeeze of ice magic!
I love ice cream sandwiches but it’s been years since I’ve eaten one. Now I’m wondering why!! These look divine. Frozen berries are awesome for when fresh ones are out of season… berry goodness all year round! x
Ohh I know aren’t they delicious. The best part is how easy they are to make! I love frozen berries – I always find the fresh ones so expensive and they spoil so quickly! A few packets of frozen raspberries in the freezer and they are good to go year round! I had an ice cream sandwich on the weekend that was mint chocolate – so good! I will have to recreate it for a post soon. x