Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches? Yes, please!
I like ice cream sandwiches any time of the year, or day for that matter; and by using bought ice-cream and biscuits means these pretty treats are a breeze to make. The only thing easier than making them is eating them.
This recipe uses one of my favourite flavour combinations – raspberries, macadamia nuts and white chocolate… but why limit yourself to this?! Make your own flavor combinations – try soft chocolate biscuits with mint ice cream or shortbread with caramel ice cream with crushed violet crumble… The options are ENDLESS!
- 200g of McCain Season’s Choice Strawberries
- 200g of McCain Season’s Choice Raspberries
- 1L of good quality Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 packet of White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Add McCain Season’s Choice Strawberries and McCain Season’s Choice Raspberries to a large mixing bowl and using the back of a fork mash them into a chunky paste.
- Add softened ice cream to berry mix and fold through, allowing the berries to swirl in the ice cream. Cover the mixing bowl with cling-wrap and return to freezer for four hours or until set.
- Remove berry ice cream mix from freezer and simply sandwich a scoop of ice-cream between two cookies and eat quickly!