When life is so busy, I’m all for taking a few cooking shortcuts… and you’d need not feel guilty about it. Especially when the results are so delicious that your guests ask for the recipe!
So without further ado, may I present the recipe for one of my favourite desserts, the wickedly good, no-bake Scnickers Cheesecake. Chocolate, salty caramel and nuts – YUM! What’s not to love?
Ingredients – Base
- 250g chocolate biscuits
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 100g butter – melted
Ingredients – Filling
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons boiling water
- 500g cream cheese – softened
- 300ml thickened cream – whipped
- 1/2 cup of good quality caramel sauce – adjust amount according to your taste preferences
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of roasted, lightly salted peanuts – washed to remove excess salt, dried and roughly chopped
- Melted milk chocolate – to serve
- Grease a 20cm-round (base) springform pan and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Using a food processor, process biscuits and coconut to resemble a fine crumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press the biscuit mixture over base and side of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Note: to keep the rustic look and feel of the cheesecake, don’t make the edges of the biscuit base uniform.
- Sprinkle gelatine over boiling water in a small heatproof jug. Whisk with a fork until gelatine has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and caramel sauce until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatine mixture until combined. Fold in whipped cream and 1/2 of the peanuts into the mixture.
- Scatter the remaining peanuts over the biscuit base, pour mixture into the prepared pan, levelling top with a spatula. Cover. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Remove the cheesecake from pan. Decorate top of cheesecake with melted chocolate and serve.
3 thoughts on “Snickers Cheesecake”
Such a favorite!
Oh so good Julia! Chocolate, caramel, nuts and cheesecake… how good it go wrong!?