This lemony twist on the classic spinach and ricotta pasta bake is packed with hidden broccoli and is so tasty that even the littlest of taste-buds will enjoy!
- 14 instant cannelloni shells
- 2 cups of McCain Broccoli – thawed and patted with paper towel to remove excess moisture
- 300g Fresh Ricotta
- 50g Danish Feta
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 2 tbs of milk
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- The juice and grated rind of ½ a lemon
- 700ml of passata or tomato based pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper – to season
- Mozzerella slices – to top
- Fresh basil leaves – to serve
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180C.
- Place 2 cups of thawed McCain Broccoli into a food processor and pulse to chop coarsely.
- In a large mixing bowl, place McCain Broccoli, ricotta, feta, parmesan, milk, garlic and lemon juice/rind and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into each cannelloni shells, using a butter knife to carefully push the mixture in.
- Place 1/3 of the passata sauce on the base of a heavy bottom baking dish, top filled cannelloni shells, pour remaining sauce over the top and arrange mozzarella slices to cover the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cannelloni is tender and cheese is golden. Serve with salad and crusty bread.