These Apricot, Almond and Coconut balls are packed with all the goodness of dried apricots and almonds. They are a delicious snack that make a fabulous mid-morning or afternoon treat. They are also perfect for kids lunchbox treats. They have no added sugar, no artificial nasties and you know exactly what has gone into them!
There are so many variations of this recipe out there, with some recipes calling for condensed milk, chocolate, biscuits etc. I tried to keep this recipe healthy and full of non-naughty ingredients. That way you can have your treat and eat it too!
To make these chewy sweet apricot balls, you can either chop the apricots into small pieces and combine, or use a food processor to chop and mix as I did. The way I see it, there’s no point in making extra work for yourself! Once you have your mixture, all you need to do is roll it into small balls, then roll them in the coconut. I recommend that you wet your hands to avoid the mixture sticking to them as much – but unfortunately if it unavoidable. There will be a mess at the end.
This recipe is simple, yummy and easy to get kids involved with! Kids love to help out, so get them to roll the balls and to roll them in coconut!
- 200g dried apricots
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of desicated coconut
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of water/milk/almond milk
- Combine all apricots, almond meal and cinnamon in a food processor and blitz until they resemble a fine crumb.
- Add liquid add pulse until all ingredients come together.
- Place coconut in a small place and use a teaspoon to portion the mixture into balls.
- Roll the mixture into tight balls using the palms of your hands, roll in coconut and place in a container to refrigerate.