This delicious pasta dish will ensure you and your family are getting your daily dose of greens! Ready in a flash, and with a chilli pop that will keep you warm in winter, it’s the perfect weeknight main meal or side to grilled meat.
- 2 cups of Green Vegetables – I used McCain Garden Greens – cooked as per packet instructions
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic – halved and finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli – halved, seeds and membrane removed, and finely sliced
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 500g of Orecchiette pasta
- 1/3 cup of green basil pesto
- 100g of rocket
- Shaved parmesan to serve
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, to al dente, and drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add sliced garlic and chilli and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add pesto, pasta, Green Vegetables, lemon juice and season to taste. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta water sparingly to lubricate the pasta and create a dry sauce.
- Divide rocket evenly amongst bowls, top with Garden Green Pasta and serve topped with shaved Parmesan.