Frittata’s are an Italian-style omelette packed with a variety of ingredients; creations can include asparagus and goats cheese, feta and tomato, or potato, thyme and brie. Frittata’s are quick and easy to make, they can be healthy, with loads of veggies, or decadent delights, that are perfect for entertaining when cut into bite-sized cubes.
This delicious frittata recipe is packed with veggies, ham and cheddar cheese making it a healthy and fun lunch box classic kids and alike adults will love. It’s perfect for weekend picnics or to whip up with a side salad for weeknight delights.
- 7 eggs
- 200g of diced ham
- 2 cups of McCain Pea, Corn and Carrot mix
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes – halved
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of plain flour
- 2/3 cup of tasty cheese
- 1 tbs of garlic – crushed
- 1 brown onion – finely diced
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of dried rosemary
- ½ tsp of dried Italian herbs
- 100g of Danish feta cheese – cubed
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180C and line a 30x10cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Place eggs, ham, McCain Pea, Corn and Carrot mix, milk, sifted flour, tasty cheese, garlic, onion and herbs in a large mixing bowl and mix well with a balloon whisk to combine.
- TIP: A balloon whisk will help to break up any lumps in the mixture and ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, dot with feta cubes and arrange tomato on top. Bake for 50 minutes or until set, and firm to touch.