I love making this lush berry crumble; it takes minutes to prepare and can be served warm or cold with custard, thick natural yoghurt, a light drizzle of coconut cream, el naturale or with ice-cream if the whole sugar-free thing isn’t your cup of tea.
The use of frozen berries means it’s super quick to prepare and the crumble topping can be personalised to suit your preferences or what’s in your pantry. Hazelnuts, macadamia’s and pistachios are personal favourites of mine, although this combination with the coconut and almonds is delicious!
Ingredients – berries
- 600g of McCain’s Season’s Choice Four Berry Mix
- 1/3 cup of honey or rice malt syrup
Ingredients – crumble
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup of slivered almonds
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- Place berries and honey in a saucepan over a medium-low heat and allow to gently simmer for 10-15 minutes or until berries are defrosted and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, combine oats, coconut and almonds in a saucepan over a medium-low heat, stir well to combine and allow to toast for 5 minutes, or until golden stirring regularly. Stir through cinnamon.
- Divide berry mixture between teacups, top evenly with crumble mixture and serve.