Welcome to my celebratory
toast post to welcome the first day of Summer – the Jam-Tini.
Jam’s ability to glam up a piece of toast is, of course, a foregone conclusion. But, have you ever thought about adding a dollop of this sweet, sticky fruit spread to your cocktail? No? Well, you should! Shaken with ice, mixer and a shot of spirits, jam creates a cocktail of unsurpassed summery goodness. Whether you’ve been hard at work harvesting your garden’s bounty, or soaking up the summer sun, a Jam-Tini is just the thing to toast the end to a perfect summers day.
- 4 tbs of Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam
- The juice of 4 limes
- 600ml of cranberry juice
- 600ml of soda water
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- Lime wedges to serve
- Optional: 30ml of gin or vodka, per serve
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle half the fresh mint leaves, fresh lime juice and Anathoth Farm Raspberry Jam.
- Add the cranberry juice, optional spirits, and some ice. Put the lid onto the shaker and shake. Shake some more!
- Add crushed ice to each serving jar, along with a sprig of the remaining fresh mint. Top each jar with 150ml of soda water and evenly strain the cocktail mix over each serving jar. Discard solids in the shaker, garnish with fresh lime wedges and serve.