Bruschetta is an exercise in getting the basics right; balancing the flavour, and texture of simple ingredients to create something greater than the sum of its parts.
The flavours of my Pea and Persian Feta Bruschetta are perfection. The creamy peas, are accentuated with fresh mint, then hit with the sharpness of garlic, parmesan and lemon, and finished with crunchy bread and smooth Persian Feta. So good.
- 10 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 cups of McCain Peas
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 cloves of garlic – crushed or grated
- 250g of Persian Feta
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh mint sprigs and lemon cheeks to serve
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add McCain Peas and cook 3 minutes or until tender. Scoop peas out of the pot, into an ice bath to cool. Drain. The ice bath will help the peas retain their bright colour, juiciness and plumpness.
- Add McCain Peas, mint leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan and garlic to a food processer and blitz for 1 minute or until roughly crushed. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Preheat a chargill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of bread with oil and chargrill, in batches, for 3 minutes each side.
- Spread pea mixture over grilled bread and serve scattered with Persian Feta, mint leaves and lemon cheeks.
2 thoughts on “Persian Feta and Green Pea Bruschetta”
Thank you x