Recently a friend came over for morning tea, having a new bub I find it next to impossible to get out of the house, let alone have the time to whip up a morning tea treat! After rummaging through the cupboards I decided I had almost enough ingredients to make banana bread. I was down the eggs, but, I’d make it work. And, work it did! This is one of the fastest, easiest and tastiest banana breads I have ever made. Cafe style, moist and moreish. YUM!
- 3 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 banana – halved length-ways
- 2 cups sf flour
- 1/2 tsp bi carb soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180℃ and grease a loaf tin with a little olive oil.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl, mix wet ingredients together in a medium bowl. Fold wet and dry ingredients together until combined just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin, place decoration banana on top, and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.