Smokey paprika, sweet corn, spicy chilli and tangy lime combine to make this salad as filling as it is fabulous.
Ingredients – Salad
- 2 cups of McCain Corn Kernels – cooked as per packet instructions
- 400g of green prawns – peeled, deveined and tails intact
- 400g tin of red kidney beans – drained
- 200g of heirloom or grape tomatoes – halved
- 1 bunch of coriander – stalks removed
- 1 small red onion – halved and finely sliced into half moons
- 1 long red chilli – halved, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- ½ tsp of sweet paprika
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- Lime cheeks for serving
Ingredients – Dressing
- The juice and rind of 2 limes
- 1 tbs of fish sauce
- 2 tbs of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- Combine prawns, garlic, chilli, sweet paprika and ½ the olive oil in a bowl. Toss to coat. If time permits, cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, combine McCain Corn Kernels, tomatoes, red kidney beans, coriander, red onion and remaining oil in a large bowl. Place all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk briskly to combine.
- Preheat a barbecue or char grill to a medium-high heat, add remaining olive oil, place prawns on the grill and cook, turning, for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Divide McCain Corn Kernel salad mixture among serving plates and top with prawns, drizzle with salad dressing, and serve with fresh lime cheeks.