This vegan dish is rad as a standalone meal or perfect as a side dish to spiced meat, fish or crispy tofu. This is a great warming dish to enjoy in winter. If you can make it ahead and give all the wonderful flavours a chance to develop and blend together. Everything tastes better the next day, right?!
- 2 cups of McCain Cubed Pumpkin – cooked as per packet instructions
- 400g tin of chickpeas – drained
- 1 medium brown onion – quartered and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 3 tbs of curry powder
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 1 tbs of peanut oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Toasted chopped cashew nuts and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Basmati rice and/or naan bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the curry powder and stir for 1-2 minute or until aromatic. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil, reduce heat to simmer, stir in McCain Cubed Pumpkin and chickpeas and cook, uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until the coconut milk has reduced. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide among bowls, top with coriander leaves and toasted cashew nuts. Serve with basmati rice and/or naan bread.