Beef and mushroom stroganoff – it certainly isn’t diet food, but my god is it delicious.
Strips of beef, smokey paprika, mushrooms and sour cream, served with starchy carbs <3. Can I get a hells yeah?! Super quick to prepare, packed with flavour and creamy enough that everyone will love it. It’s an ideal winter meal, which is why this bad boy is on track for dinner in at my house tonight.
- 500g of beef rump steak – sliced
- 1 packet McCain Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 medium brown onion – halved and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1-2 tbs of sweet smoked paprika
- 500ml Beef stock
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs of plain flour
- 500g Fettuccini, rice or potatoes – cooked
- Fresh parsley – to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and onion has softened.
- Meanwhile, add the plain flour to a medium sized mixing bowl or freezer bag and season with salt and pepper. Add the strips of beef and toss well to coat. Add beef to the fry pan and cook stirring for 5 minutes or until beef is evenly browned.
- Add tomato paste and paprika and cook for 2 minutes. Add McCain Sliced Mushrooms and beef stock and cook, simmering for 10-15 minutes or until beef is cooked, mushrooms are tender and sauce has thickened. Add sour cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with fettuccini and top with fresh parsley.