How do you make salad better? You put BACON in it! Yes, bacon!
Don’t worry, you can thank me later..
Ingredients – Salad
- 2 cups of McCain Peas – cooked as per packet instructions
- 400g tin of lentils – drained
- 1 red onion – finely sliced in half moons
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 300g of bacon – diced
- 1 bunch of fresh mint – stalks removed
- 160g of baby spinach leaves
Ingredients – Dressing
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs of white vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves – finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat, add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove pan from heat and drain bacon on paper towel.
- Place McCain Peas and all salad ingredients into a serving bowl and toss well to combine.
- Whisk olive oil with lemon juice, white vinegar, Dijon mustard and finely chopped mint leaves. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently through salad.