Join in the fight against animal cruelty by joining in the nommy celebrations of RSPCA Cupcake Day with this delicious treat.
Serves – makes 12 treats that are safe for humans and puppies alike!
Prep – 10 minutes
Cook – 20 minutes
Ingredients – Pupcake
- 1 cup of McCain Diced Pumpkin – cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of ripe banana – mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of peanut butter
Ingredients – Frosting
- 2 tbs of peanut butter – softened
- 3 tbs Greek yoghurt
- Pre-heat a fan-forced oven to 180°C and line a 12-cup muffin tray with patty cake liners.
- Place cooked McCain Diced Pumpkin, banana, peanut butter and water in a large mixing bowl, and mix well to combine.
- Sift flour and cinnamon into McCain Diced Pumpkin mixture and mix to combine. Carefully spoon even amounts into the muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in tray for 5 minutes, and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, mix softened peanut butter with Greek yoghurt. Place into a piping bag and pipe directly onto the top of the pup-cakes.
TIP: the pup-cakes will keep for 3 days, refrigerated in a sealed air-tight container. Alternatively, they are great frozen as an icy treat for pups in summer!