The gluttonous Christmas period is over. Step away from the cheesecake, put down that last potato and for the love of god get out of cookie jar! We have all had our fair share of over indulgence as is customary at this time of year but now it’s time to embrace the warmer months, dish up the salads and give your heart time to recoup for next December.
This salad features the hot trend of cauliflower ‘rice’ and it’s amazing just how, well, un-cauliflowery it tastes. It really does make you feel like you’re giving into those carby cravings but it’s good for you. Win, win, right?
Serves – 6-8
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time – 7 minutes
- 1kg of McCain Cauliflower – well thawed
- 1 orange – zested and segmented
- ¼ cup pistachios – toasted
- ½ cup fresh parsley – coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint – coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander – coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dried apricots – quartered
- ½ Lebanese cucumber – quartered lengthways and cut into chunks
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- Place ½ of the McCain Cauliflower into a food processor bowl and pulse until it resembles rice. Be careful not to over blend or it will become too mushy. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower rice into a clean tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze well to remove excess moisture. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over a high heat and add strained cauliflower rice to the pan. Use a spoon to breakup any chunks and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey and garlic in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
Place cauliflower rice into a large mixing bowl, add dressing and, remaining ingredients and toss well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.