If you love tatter tots/ potato gems / potato nuggets / delicious food – but you’d like to give it a healthy makeover, then check out this baked [not fried] Broccoli Tots.
This recipe is super easy, quick and child friendly – so they can get involved in the creation and sample their results once the oven beeps. The broccoli flavour isn’t overpowering and they make a great kids snack and are perfect for child-led weening.
Serves – makes 25 tots
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 cups of McCain Broccoli – cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 small brown onion – quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup of grated tasty cheese
- 1-2tsp of Italian Herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 210°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place onion into a blender and blend until finely chopped. Add McCain Broccoli and blend until chopped into small pieces.
NOTE: this can be done with a knife if you don’t have access to a blender.
- Transfer the broccoli mixture to a large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients, mix until well combined, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take a tablespoon sized scoop of the mixture and use your hands to form it into a shape that resembles a McCain Potato Nugget. Place onto the lined baking tray and repeat. This mixture will yield approximately 25 Broccoli Tots.
- Place the Broccoli Tots into the oven and cook for minutes, turning halfway, or until golden.
- Serve immediately or pop into a lunchbox for a healthy school or work snack!
One thought on “Broccoli Tots”
These are so easy to make and really delicious. Everyone loved them.