Ehmergerd YES! This is amazingly delicious, VEGAN and baked, not fried.
Wowzers. What more can you want?!
Sweet, spicy, sticky sesame cauliflower nomnomnomnom
Serves – 4
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Ingredients – Batter
- 1 packet of McCain Cauliflower
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bi carb soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbs canola oil
Ingredients – sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- 2 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1/8 cup cold water
- Toasted sesame seeds, brown rice and spring onions to serve
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 230°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper and coat with 1 tbs of canola oil.
- Cook McCain Cauliflower according to packet instructions. Once cooked, cut large pieces into bite sized chunks.
- Place almond milk, salt, pepper and chilli flakes in a medium sized mixing bowl. Sift in flours, bi-carb soda, baking powder and garlic powder, mix well to combine.
- Dip cauliflower pieces into batter, one at a time, allow excess to drip off and place onto the lined baking tray. Repeat until all are coated.
- Bake cauliflower for 7 minutes. Remove from oven, turn cauliflower pieces and drizzle with remaining canola oil. Return to oven and bake for a further 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place soy sauce, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and chilli sauce into a small saucepan and allow to simmer, stirring frequently for 10 minutes.
- Combine water and cornflour, mix well to combine, add to sauce mixture and remove from heat.
- Remove cauliflower from oven, pour over sauce and return to oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Top cauliflower with toasted sesame seeds and serve with brown rice and spring onions.
One thought on “Sticky Sesame Cauliflower”
Reblogged this on Chef Ceaser.