Serves – 6 people
Prep Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 40 minutes
- 1 cup of leftover McCain Baby Peas
- 1 cup of leftover McCain Baby Carrots
- 400g of leftover McCain Roasts traditional
- 2 cups of leftover boneless meat – we used roast pork
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 small brown onion – diced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 2 tsp dried green Italian herbs
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 3 sheets of puff tasty – thawed and quartered
- 1 egg – whisked
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. Place butter, olive oil, onion and garlic in the saucepan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add meat and herbs to the pan, stir and add beef stock.
- Add McCain Baby Peas, McCain Baby Carrots and McCain Roasts traditional, stir and cover with a lid and allow to gently simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pre-heat a fan forced oven to 180°C. Spray a 12-cup muffin tray with cooking oil. Line each muffin hole with puff pastry, divide cooled pie filling evenly and fold over hanging puff pastry over the top of each pie.
- Brush with whisked egg and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Leftovers pies”
YUM— i ❤ pie & leftovers
Great information. Lucky me I recently found your site by accident (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!