Did you know that Abe’s Bagels – Bagel Crisps contain 70% less fat than regular crisps? And, their scrumptious flavours contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Hells yeah! Meaning now you can have your crisps, and eat them too.
While chomping on these crisps, I thought I would try something different with my crisps, rather than cracking a packet and plonking on the couch or serving them with dip. Enter, Beef, Bean and Bagel Nachos; by replacing the standard nacho corn chips with bagel crisps not only will you be reducing your families fat intake, but the sturdy nature of the bagel crisps gives you superior scooping power as your crisp wont buckle under topping pressure or go soggy. Win.
- 1 packet of Abe’s Bagels – Marlborough Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
- 500g beef mince
- 1 brown onion – halved and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 tbs of oil olive
- 420g tin of four bean mix – rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of Moroccan spice mix
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup of tasty cheese
- 1 avocado – diced, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, sour cream, and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Add beef mince, bean mix, tomato paste and herbs. Cook, using a fork to break up the mince, for 3-5 minutes or until beef mince is browned and herbs are fragrant.
- Add water and allow to simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Pile Abe’s Bagels – Marlborough Sea Salt Bagel Crisps on an oven proof serving dish, top with beef and bean mix, top with cheese and grill under a medium grill to melt and brown.
- Top with fresh coriander leaves and diced avocado, and serve immediately with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.