Things I want for Mother’s Day include sleep, breakfast in bed, a long bath and to poop without a cheer squad. So… with that in mind, I have taken it one step further and literally made a recipe for the exact breakfast I would like. Because at times I can be as subtle as a sledgehammer.
Without further ado, I present to you a recipe for a super simple breakfast in bed that is sure to win praise. Bonus points if you bring coffee, juice and pastries.
Serves – 1
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- 2 McCain Hash Browns – cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 50g smoked salmon
- Hollandaise sauce and fresh dill to serve
- Pour cold water into a large saucepan until approximately 6cm deep and add the vinegar. Bring to the boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low, water should still be simmering around the edge of the saucepan.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Using a slotted spoon, swirl the water in a circle. Once the water pace has slowed a little, pour the egg into the centre of the swirling circle. Cook the egg for 2 to 3 minutes for a soft yolk, 3 to 4 minutes for a firm yolk. Remove the egg with the slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Place the McCain Hash Browns onto a plate, place a few slices of smoked salmon on the top of each, top with the egg, spoon over hollandaise sauce, and garnish with a fresh dill sprig.