Asian steamed sea bream with spring onion and ginger uses the bright flavours of Asia to make this fast, fresh midweek dinner irresistible!
- 2 x 150g bream fillets
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 3cm piece ginger, finely shredded
- 1 each long red and green chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely shredded
- Coriander leaves and steamed rice, to serve
- Place a plate inside a bamboo steamer and lay the fish, skin-side down, on the plate. Place the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and vinegar in a bowl and stir to combine, then pour over the fish. Scatter the ginger, chilli and half the spring onion over the fish. Set the steamer over a large saucepan or wok of simmering water and cover with the lid. Steam for 6 minutes or until the fish is opaque and just cooked.
- Garnish the fish with coriander and remaining spring onion, then drizzle over the cooking juices and serve with rice.
- roasted dorade (sea bream) with herbs and tomatoes (cookinghobby.wordpress.com)
- Sea Bream with Chorizo, Sautéed Potatoes and Peppers (perkypancake.com)
- Thai-Style Marinated Pork And Chilli Dressing (shinyvarg.wordpress.com)
- 15 Minute Monday – Speedy Massaman Beef Curry (dailygluttony.wordpress.com)