Coconut, lime and passionfruit cheesecake
Serves – 12 people
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – overnight
Ingredients – cheesecake
125g Liddells lactose free dairy spread, melted
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
250g granita biscuits
500g Liddells lactose free cream cheese
300ml Liddells lactose free lite thickened cream
250g coconut cream
1 tsp coconut essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 tsp gelatin powder
The zest of 1 lime
3 tbs boiling water
Shaved coconut, toasted, to serve
Ingredients – lime and passionfruit syrup
170g of passionfruit pulp
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbs caster sugar
- Line a 24cm round, 7cm high springform pan with baking paper, ensuring the paper extends 2cm above the top.
- Add biscuits and desiccated coconut to a food processor and whizz to resemble a fine crumb. With the mixer running, add the melted Liddells lactose free dairy spread and process until well combined. Empty mixture into the prepared pan and use the back of a metal spoon to press it evenly across the bottom. Refrigerate while the filling is prepared.
- Place the boiling water in a small bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine and whisk with a fork until completely dissolved. Set aside for 5 mins to cool.
- Place Liddells lactose free cream cheese, coconut essence, vanilla bean paste, caster sugar and lime zest into a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to beat for 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add Liddells lactose free lite thickened cream and coconut cream and beat for a further 2 minutes until all is well combined. With the motor running, gradually add the gelatine mixture, beating until just smooth. Pour the cream mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the syrup – place passionfruit pulp, lime juice and sugar into a smallsaucepan over a medium heat. Allow to come to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sauce begins to slightly thicken. Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to fully cool.
- Remove the sides from the springform pan and use a spatula to carefully separate the cheesecake from the base of the pan. Serve the cheesecake toppedwith lime and passionfruit syrup, and toasted shaved coconut.