This salad is one of my go-to meals for a quick, simple and tasty weekend lunch. Oh, and it is excellent when served with a Sauvignon Blanc! The smoked chicken, plump peas and sharpness of the Parmesan taste sublime together; and paired with the fresh crunchy lettuce and a creamy dressing, makes a fantastic meal that tastes as impressive as it looks. Plus, the minimal effort is a big tick. You can either buy smoked chicken, or smoke your own. However, leftover chicken will also work a treat.
Ingredients – Salad
- 2 smoked chicken breast fillets – skin removed, finely sliced – available in the meat chiller section of your supermarket
- 1 cup of McCain Baby Peas – cooked as per packet instructions and cooled
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber – halved, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- ½ red onion – finely sliced into half moons
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan
Ingredients – Dressing
- ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place McCain Baby Peas, cucumber and red onion in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Place whole egg mayonnaise, honey and lemon juice into a small bowl and use balloon whisk to mix until smooth.
- Divide cos lettuce leaves evenly among serving plates, top with the pea mixture and slices of smoked chicken breast. Drizzle with the dressing, top with flakes of Parmesan and serve immediately.
Tip: serve with fresh bread or garlic pizza.