Crunchy peas are the perfect healthy snack and so nutty in taste that you don’t even realise you’re eating peas. These little guys are a popular snack food in south-east Asia but they lend themselves to any kind of flavouring, like onion, garlic + chilli powder. They will keep in an air tight container in the pantry for 3-5 days so they are great to keep on hand over the festive season for drop-ins.
- 2 cups of McCain Peas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional – ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Completely thaw McCain Peas, and bloat with paper towel to remove any excess moisture. This will ensure your roasted peas are crunchy.
- Combine spices and salt in a mixing bowl, add McCain Peas and toss to coat. Evenly spread peas on lined roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30-40 minutes, shaking the tray every 10 minutes so they roast evenly.
- Remove peas from oven and allow to fully cool before serving. The peas will crisp up as they cool down.