This is honestly one of the easiest dishes I have ever made – measure, blend and top. It is delicious, in fact I surprised myself with how good it tasted, and it can be ready in a flash. The vibrant green of the gazpacho against the red of the prawns gives this dish instant visual appeal which means it’s a sure thing for summer get together’s, parties or Christmas do’s.
- 4 cups of McCain Frozen Peas – thawed
- 3 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 ripe avocado – mashed
- 2 tbs of lemon juice
- ½ cup of thickened cream
- 500g cooked peeled prawns
- 1 red chilli – halved, seeds removed and finely sliced
- ½ cup of pea shoots
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup of McCain Frozen Peas – thawed, to serve
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Oil olive – to serve, if desired.
- Place McCain Frozen peas, garlic, vegetable stock, avocado and lemon juice in a large bowl and add in batches to a blender blitzing until smooth.
- Stir through the thickened cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the prawns, chilli, lime and pea shoots in a small bowl and toss to coat.
- Divide the gazpacho evenly among bowls, top with prawn mix, scatter with remaining McCain Frozen Peas and drizzle with olive oil, if desired. Serve.
- Recipe Roundup: Chilled Summer Soups (williams-sonoma.com)
- Vegetarian Gazpacho Soup Recipe (vegetarian.answers.com)
- Spicy Coconuty prawns & Green peas ! (hippiecuisine.wordpress.com)