- 500g of golden delight potatoes – cut into 2cm cubes
- 425g of tuna – drained
- 2 cups of McCain Peas, Corn and Carrot mix – cooked and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups of breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup of chopped shallot greens
- 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to season
- Chips – to serve
- Mixed green leaves, dressed – to serve
- Tartar sauce – to serve
- Vegetable oil to fry
- Add diced potatoes to a large pot of cold salted water, bring to the boil over a high heat and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until to potatoes are soft to touch.
- Meanwhile, place drained tuna in a large mixing bowl and use a fork to break into flakes. Add McCain Peas, Corn and Carrot, 2 tbs of lemon juice, shallots, eggs, season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Drain potatoes, mash and allow to cool to just above room temperature. Add potatoes and ¼ cup of breadcrumbs to tuna mixture and mix well to combine. Divide into 12 even portions and shape into 6cm patties.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs in a small bowl and coat each pattie.
- In a large fry pain add vegetable oil to coat the base and heat over a high heat, reduce heat to medium and add tuna patties in batches, cooking for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining patties and allow to drain on paper towel once cooked.
- Serve with McCain Italian Herbs Mini Roasts, salad and tartar sauce.