In true “Mother” fashion this recipe is a winner as it involves very little prep and even less effort in cooking. Some light cutting work, a few taps on the microwave and boom super simple, flavour packed risotto is yours to enjoy. Delicious on its own, perfect as a side or add some grilled chicken and crispy pancetta for an amazing main. Add it to your repertoire of meals and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 packet of McCain Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup of Arborio or Risotto rice
- 60g butter – chopped
- 1 brown onion – finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese – grated
- 1/3 cup of parsley – chopped
- Combine 20g butter, onion, garlic and thyme in an 8-cup capacity, heatproof, microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely with paper towel and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add rice and stir to coat. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups of stock, cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes, followed by 7 minutes on MEDIUM (50%).
- Stir in McCain Sliced Mushrooms, cover and microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for a further 7 minutes. Add ¼ cup of parmesan, ¼ cup of parsley and remaining butter, stir to combine, cover and cook for a further 7 minutes on HIGH (100%). Stir, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into bowls, top with remaining parmesan and parsley and serve.