Fast and tasty – this speedy massaman beef captures the same spicy, creamy coconut flavours of a slow cooked curry.
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 large brown onion – halved and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – diced
- 1 medium red chilli – seeds removed and diced
- 600g beef rump steak – cut into thin strip
- 150g massaman curry paste
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbs of raw sugar
- 1 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 red capsicum – cut into thin strips
- 1 medium head of broccoli – cut into florettes
- 125ml light coconut milk
- 50ml of water
- Steamed rice and fresh coiander leaves – to serve
- Heat 1/2 the peanut oil in a wok over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli, stir until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the beef in batches to brown.
- Add the remaining peanut oil, sesame oil and curry paste, stir until fragrant – this will take about 1 minute.
- Return the beef and add the sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce. Stir until well coated.
- Add the capsicum, broccoli, water and coconut milk. Bring to the simmer and leave to boil for five minutes – this will allow time for the sauce to thicken and vegetables to soften.
- Serve with steamed rice and fresh coriander leaves.
- massaman curry (instructables.com)
- 15 Minute Monday – Stir Fry Beef and Soba Noodles (dailygluttony.wordpress.com)
- Sang Choy Bow / Asian Lettuce Cups (dailygluttony.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Beef Rendang Curry by Paleo Cafe (paleocafeblog.wordpress.com)